Scottsdale, Arizona, is a popular year-round vacation destination— for many reasons! Of course, you have the incredible desert landscape, red rocks, hot weather, and sun almost every day of the year. But you also have cultural attractions, historical monuments, friendly locals, tasty restaurants, outdoor activities, and holiday celebrations that make it one of the most desirable places to go during time off work or school.
For the summer months, bring your family here to enjoy the outdoor and indoor things to do. If you run into a rare rainy day, you can enjoy the local museums, cinemas, restaurants, and local shops that offer kids’ toys and vintage items that are great for adults and children alike. Plus, since it is nice out almost every single day, you can always find things to do outside, like hiking, kayaking, biking, kayaking, and much more!
Let’s see the best family-friendly Scottsdale summer activities to do in this outdoor-centric town in Arizona — it will soon become one of your favorite destination spots for future vacations!
Things to do in Scottsdale, Arizona
What should you do during your family-friendly getaway in Scottsdale, Arizona? Well, fortunately for you and your kids, there are tons of things to do!
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park — this is a great half-day getaway for you and your kids! You can visit this unique location for FREE with your children in Scottsdale, Arizona. Take a ride on an old-time locomotive and enjoy the surrounding scenic area.
- Butterfly Wonderland — Take your kids to Butterfly Wonderland to view some of the natural wildlife, respect nature, watch the educational 3D movie, and take part in one of the kid-friendly community workshops.
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve — Get outside and see the beautiful Arizonian skies with your kids! Visit the local McDowell Sonoran Preserve to go for a hike, explore the 30,000 acres in eastern Scottsdale, and view the iconic Pinnacle Peak.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art — This is a great indoor thing to do with older kids during a rare rainy day in Scottsdale, Arizona. Head here to check out some of the local art scene and a few unique pieces that can open up your kid’s eyes to the sprawling art and cultural world in Arizona.
- Old Town Scottsdale — Last, but not least, head to Old Town Scottsdale to check out what looks like an old-time movie set! This cool part of town has old buildings, cultural attractions, and an “Old West” theme that your children will love.
- Hiking — Take the kids and have them explore the great outdoors in this ideal location! You can take a stroll in the sunshine at one of the local parks, or you can climb one of the tallest peaks in the area. Pack a backpack with food from one of the local shops and head off for one full-day hike to get in some good exercise on your holiday.
Accommodation in Scottsdale, Arizona
You and your family need a place to stay that is relaxing, stress-free, comfortable, and luxurious. Have a place in mind? No? Well, we do! I Love Scottsdale offers luxurious accommodations that are suitable for families of various sizes.
This rental property company provides incredible, hands-on service that ensures you will never want for anything, and it’s right next to all of these Scottsdale summer activities. Whether you need extra amenities, a different check-in time, or a bigger home, the concierge and customer service personnel here can ensure you will have a stress-free and exciting trip.
Plus, every single accommodation option offered by this rental property company has luxurious amenities that will make you never want to leave. Featuring outdoor hot tubs, backyard pools, backyard barbeque areas, stainless steel kitchen appliances, comfortable beds, and en-suite bedrooms, every person will love spending quality time with their family in this home.
Also, every accommodation offered has a prime location that is close to nearby amenities and outdoor trails without being too crowded. You can enjoy getting away from the tourist hubbub while still being within walking distance of restaurants, shops, and attractions.
Guests can choose between accommodation options in Arcadia, Cave Creek, Scottsdale, and Tempe based on their needs. If you want to bring your entire extended family on your holiday with you, you can even browse massive 6-bedroom homes that have plenty of space for you and all of your cousins, aunts, and uncles or, if you would rather have this be an intimate holiday, the 2-bedroom houses in Scottsdale are perfect for a relaxing family holiday.
Some of the most relaxing choices for guests browsing accommodation options include the Cave Creek Santa Fe Ranch for six guests, the Scottsdale Southwest Serenity for 12 guests, the Scottsdale Elegant Oasis for six guests, or the Scottsdale Sweet Escape with an outdoor pool for ten guests. No matter which one you choose, all of these accommodation options have modern amenities, luxurious touches, and close proximity to everything Scottsdale has to offer. Browse I Love Scottsdale to find accommodations to make the vacation one that you will never forget!